"Strike-Um " Snake lure was formulated after tears of research by James White in the field as my specialty is snake management. We basically got tired of putting down a glue board or those other snake traps and praying a snake would come across and stupidly get stuck to it.
Strike-Um Snake lure is formulated with food based ingredients and oils that were found to be most snakes main meals. We have used it exclusively for a few years now since perfecting it. We use our own Snake traps, however it works great on our Snake guard traps by simply putting a small ball of Sheep wool (recommended for its Heat sensor and lure holding ability) however cotton balls will work when sheep wool is not available.
Can you catch snakes without lure? Yea you can. But you catch them by basically a little luck and trap placement. However when applying snake lure to the center of the trap, with sheep wool or cotton balls, we saw a dramatic increase in catches of all species of snakes.
So instead of placing the trap and praying a snake comes by to get stuck for no reason ,the lure actually draws them into trap by its ingredients. Many have asked me why when I set the trap yesterday I didn't get a snake the next day. I always explain that depending on the species of the snake and food availability, the time since its last meal will depend on when you will catch the snake. Most of our catches and those who have used it have occurred normally in the 24-72 hour range once applying lure to trap. As the snake may not be as active ,or not been in feeding cycle for 24 hours or more. We have used this process over 1000 times and those were we did not catch a snake using trap or glue board ,either the snake vacated the premises or there was know snake,Never ONCE had a return call. One 4oz bottle goes a long ways. Like I always say, there is No Magic bait out there. Knowledge of species, proper trap placement and using this lure will however, greatly increase one's accomplishment in your Snake Management program.
You simply shake bottle a few times to insure no settling has occurred and a few drops on Sheep wool (recommended as stated before why) or cotton balls till saturated in center of the snake trap. Creator says, if no snake is caught after 72 hours, chances are there is no snake present.
| Somewhat Effective
While we encourage the use of our secure on-line ordering system. Click here for more information about online Security Issues. We understand how some of our customers have concerns with on-line credit card purchases prefer to pay with money orders etc. For those of you who wish not to use on-line ordering please follow the instructions below.
To determine the total cost of the purchase please follow these steps.
1. Click the purchase online link of the product you wish to purchase. (Don't worry you will cancel before the transaction is complete).
2. You will be taken to the Miva Secure Server. Put the number of the items you want in the Quantity form. Then Click Add to Basket. The page will reappear. Then click in the upper right hand corner "Checkout"
3. You will be asked if you want to create an account. Simply click "Place Order Without Account". Then type in whatever you want for your name, street address, phone number and e-mail. Just be sure that with your fake e-mail you set it up as email@example.com. The computer doesn't know if it is a real address or not. But it does recognize if it isn't set up properly.
4. Type in the correct City and State and Zip Code. This information is used by the computer to determine shipping costs.
5. Click "Continue". When you submit the information, (most of which is fake) you will be forwarded to a page that gives you options for shipping. In the shipping section, click the arrow. A form will come up that will list the prices of the various ways you can have the product shipped to you.
6. Click "Continue" and you will be forwarded to a page that will total the cost of the product and shipping. At this point, simply leave the site or turn off your browser. Note you have not put in your credit card number or even your full address. You can now send a money order to our address below. Or if you wanted to fax or call in your order, you will know what the total cost of the item(s) will be.
Disclaimer: WDC seeks to provide accurate, effective and responsible information on resolving human/wildlife conflicts. We welcome suggestions, criticisms to help us achieve this goal. The information provided is for informational purposes only and users of the information use it at their own risk. The reader must consult state/federal officials to determine the legality of any technique in the reader's locale. Some techniques are dangerous to the user and to others. WDC encourages readers to obtain appropriate training (see our informational literature at our Store ), and understand that proper animal damage control involves patience, understanding that not every technique/method works for every situation or even 100% of the time. Your use of this information is governed by this understanding. We welcome potential users of the information and photos to simply ask for permission via e-mail. Finally, WDC welcomes e-mail but understand that all e-mails become property of Wildlife Damage Control.