Are you looking for a way to seal cracks and crevices to prevent mice from entering a building that actually works and lasts? Integrated Wildlife Damage Control sometimes requires the use of special products. Controlling mouse damage is one of those times where professional products are needed.
We all know that controlling mice populations is only part of the solution. The other half of the solution lies in preventing mouse access to your home or building in the first place. While complete mouse exclusion is probably near impossible (just like a burglar proof home), it is prudent to at least take down the welcome sign and seal those cracks and crevices that invite easy mouse and rodent access.
This tubular woven copper product easily folds and fits into tiny crevices where mice can enter your home. Using your fingers or a flat head screw driver, just insert the product into the crack. Then use scissors to proper length. Then take some foam and seal the opening. The foam and/or caulk work together with the copper stuf-it to prevent mouse access. First, the stuff-it provides a more solid barrier that is more difficult for mice to chew through. Second, the foam/caulk prevents heat loss that will attract mice in the cold months. (Warning, don't caulk/foam if you need the opening to allow air flow).
Modern Methods & Materials to Exclude Pests From Structures
Say you have a pipe or conduit coming through a wall or floor and small pests are entering the structure through the gap between the hole and the conduit. (Cockroaches under sinks, mice at exterior walls, etc.) You can just take STUF-FIT and start filling the void a little at a time but somebody came up with a better idea! Just wrap a length of STUF-FIT around the diameter of the conduit until you build up the right thickness and then tie it off in a knot. Just slide the STUF-FIT, knot and all, down the conduit and into the void. That's 360 degrees of exclusion in seconds, The knot just makes the fit even tighter. Try that with steel wool!
Expandable foam was developed to reduce heating costs by thermally tightening
a structure. An important secondary benefit is that it excludes some pests for
unpredictable lengths of time. But when STUF-FIT and foam are used together
you get a metal reinforced seal that excludes pests and lasts a very long time.
The foam distributes itself evenly throughout the STUF-FIT . Why? Permeability.
Just wad up some STUF-FIT and shoot some foam into it. (Do this in a box or
other container because foam can be messy! STUF-FIT is not messy!) You'll see
permeability right before your eyes. After the foam has hardened check out the
tenacity of the new STUF-FIT and foam combination. Very few people know this
trick because it is secret information.
Dimensions: Technically, the stuf-it comes in a "tube", so it is 6" wide, but it is double thickness. The roll is also a 100 feet long.
While we encourage the use of our secure on-line ordering system. Click Secure. We understand how some of our customers have concerns with on-line credit card purchases prefer to pay with money orders etc. For those of you who wish not to use on-line ordering please follow the instructions below.
To determine the total cost of the purchase please follow these steps.
1. Click the purchase online link of the product you wish to purchase. (Don't worry you will cancel before the transaction is complete).
2. You will be taken to the Miva Secure Server. Put the number of the items you want in the Quantity form. Then Click Add to Basket. The page will reappear. Then click in the upper right hand corner "Checkout"
3. You will be asked if you want to create an account. Simply click "Place Order Without Account". Then type in whatever you want for your name, street address, phone number and e-mail. Just be sure that with your fake e-mail you set it up as email@example.com. The computer doesn't know if it is a real address or not. But it does recognize if it isn't set up properly.
4. Type in the correct City and State and Zip Code. This information is used by the computer to determine shipping costs.
5. Click "Continue". When you submit the information, (most of which is fake) you will be forwarded to a page that gives you options for shipping. In the shipping section, click the arrow. A form will come up that will list the prices of the various ways you can have the product shipped to you.
6. Click "Continue" and you will be forwarded to a page that will total the cost of the product and shipping. At this point, simply leave the site or turn off your browser. Note you have not put in your credit card number or even your full address. You can now send a money order to our address below. Or if you wanted to fax or call in your order, you will know what the total cost of the item(s) will be.
Disclaimer: WDC seeks to provide accurate, effective and responsible information on resolving human/wildlife conflicts. We welcome suggestions, criticisms to help us achieve this goal. The information provided is for informational purposes only and users of the information use it at their own risk. The reader must consult state/federal officials to determine the legality of any technique in the reader's locale. Some techniques are dangerous to the user and to others. WDC encourages readers to obtain appropriate training (see our informational literature at our Store ), and understand that proper animal damage control involves patience, understanding that not every technique/method works for every situation or even 100% of the time. Your use of this information is governed by this understanding. We welcome potential users of the information and photos to simply ask for permission via e-mail. Finally, WDC welcomes e-mail but understand that all e-mails become property of Wildlife Damage Control.